A homily on Grace’s Mission Statement and the first of its core values (Roots). Check it out here:
WHERE THE FREE GRACE OF GOD CULTIVATES HEART, MIND, & SOUL
ROOTS – NURTURED & SECURED IN GRACE THROUGH …
• We serve as a Message-Driven church with PREACHING that clearly exposits the Bible, relentlessly placards the good news of Jesus Christ, and creatively connects the message of redemption to the many crises of the human condition.
• Participating in WORSHIP that is bound to God’s inspired Word, the two Sacraments, the creeds of the ancient Church, the Reformational liturgy of the Book of Common Prayer, and the steadying truths of the 39 Articles of Religion.
• Embracing a biblical, winsome, and counter-cultural ORTHODOXY in matters of faith and ethics.
RESTORATION – HEALING & GROWING IN GRACE THROUGH …
• Forging cross-generational, caring RELATIONSHIPS between residents and college students, adults and children.
• Offering OPPORTUNITIES to deepen with Christ and his church through hospitality, cell groups, prayer, the arts, and recreation.
• TRAINING people of all ages to digest the Scriptures, to pray individually and corporately, and to engage in other life-giving, biblical practices that free us and shape us as disciples of Jesus.
REACHING – EXPRESSING GRACE THROUGH …
• DISPERSING biblically-equipped, gospel-enriched lay-students and residents, ministers, missionaries, and church planters as compassionate carriers of good news.
• ENGAGING Grove City (both the town and the college) with a warm, imaginative Gospel-witness by creating accessible ‘on ramps’ for those who have yet to encounter Jesus Christ.
• RESOURCING churches in our Diocese and beyond with theological, financial, and personal assets.